I am primarily an artist and a writer, although often I find myself in a myriad of places in between.
Some more colored pencil experimentation from last summer. Cré is Shalla’s older brother, and he may not be as grouchy as his sister, but he is almost as stubborn and considerably more hesitant.
I know it’s been a really long time since I’ve posted anything - I tend to pay far more attention to stuff from people I’m following than what I’ve been doing with my own blog! I haven’t scanned anything recently, so here’s an old doodle from last summer and a promise that I’ll get some more stuff up soon.
~ share five facts about yourself and then send this to 10 of your favorite followers <3
1. When people find out I’m a physics major, I always get “the face,” the sympathy, and finally, the big question: What are you going to do with that major? I don’t ever tell them that my current plan is to write novels if I can get published.
2. When I was in high school, staying up until 11 was super late. Now an 11 o’clock bedtime is a rarity that I consider a delightful surprise during the school year. Frankly, a 1 o’clock bedtime is just about as desirable.
3. One night a few semesters back I woke up and realized that I had been running through integrals in my sleep. A few nights ago I woke up and realized that my cat was attacking my elbow.
4. I have never kissed a boy, but I got kissed in the ear by one once and it was the most awkward goodbye I have ever experienced.
5. Twelve hours ago, I was eating a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich. Six hours ago, I was eating microwave stir-fry noodles and egg rolls. Four hours ago, I was eating a pink lemonade cupcake with icing fresh out of the fridge. One hour ago I snuck down to the fridge to get one last lick of icing, and now my cat is sleeping on my legs and I am out of facts.
A bunch of concepts and doodles of characters from my current project; starting at the top, it’s two each of Aldebaran, Paige, and then Regulus. I’m still trying to pin down their designs, which is why these all look so different, but I think I’m starting to get pretty close to some of them, though there’s a lot of the cast that I haven’t even started on yet!
A couple of nights ago, I had a dream that I had been captured and my cousin came to rescue me, except in order to get out we had to bundle up in all these layers of coats and sweaters and scarves. The next afternoon, I did this quick doodle of what he looked like as we made our escape, and because it’s been a while since I’ve posted, I thought I’d share it.
Shalla belongs to nailpolish-junkie; she’s a part of the project involving the fey that we’ve been working on together for a while now. I think np-j will agree with me when I say that this isn’t quite what she ought to look like - her face and nose are a bit too round - but the rest is close! I enjoy doodling Shalla because she’s so grumpy all of the time; she definitely feels like she knows best, and nobody else seems to want to listen to her when she’s trying to prove them incorrect. I suppose that’s enough to leave anyone grouchy!
After seeing all of the lovely Amber all over my dashboard for the past few weeks, I’ve finally given in and doodled her myself. I adored her in this outfit from one of bee’s earlier images, and though I don’t think I got the hat quite right I had a lot of fun drawing her! All those freckles!
I finally figured out how to draw this character, which was quite exciting! He’s actually one of my favorite designs because his appearance was so unexpected to me - I don’t often think of bright green hair and goggles when I picture a sun god, but that’s what popped into my head for him. He belongs to another plot that hasn’t received a lot of attention - hopefully I can get to that later in the summer, as well.